RESCUE INK by Rescue Ink with Denise Flaim (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
“The all-volunteer group’s commitment inspires and endears.” (Publishers Weekly)
This is the true story of ten tough and tattooed bikers who rescue animals in danger while spreading the message that “Abusers Are Losers.” Writer Denise Flaim chronicles just what these brawny bikers, who will stop at nothing within the bounds of the law, can teach us about respecting the creatures in our midst.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s Earphones® Award-winning narrator, Tom Weiner. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
“Narrator Tom Weiner gives a dazzling performance with his stately and resonant delivery….” (AudioFile)
• EXPERIENCE. About 6 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for adults and young adults who like stories of unlikely heroes or animals.
Though Joe Panz, Johnny O, Batso, Big Ant, G, Angel, Des, and Eric initially met and formed their friendship at tattoo and motorcycle conventions, they soon learned that they shared another passion: animals. It turned out that each had been rescuing troubled animals on their own for years. Together they decided to form Rescue Ink to combat the problem of animal abuse on a bigger scale. Working from tip-offs from concerned neighbors and anonymous sources, they have rescued countless animals, including a dog-napped bulldog named Clara and 180 cats and kittens from the home of a hoarder. In between rescues, they’ve protested the barbaric practices of a New Jersey horse slaughterhouse, participated in Puppy Mill Awareness Day in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and visited schools to educate children about animal kindness.
- iPod Touch