The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri (in Italian) the ideal application for the lovers of one of the greatest works of world literature, well known in the iPhone version, in a version completely rewritten for the iPad.
The book includes the full Divine Comedy, Hell, Purgatory, Paradise, enriched with several additional resources: the index of names and places, the concept map of three canticas, the full commentary of Niccolò Tommaseo, with over 4,700 footnotes, and the whole collection of the famous engravings of Gustave Doré.
The new program has been redesigned to make full use of the screen’s real estate. With the new engine the reading experience is more involving, while the powerful functionalities of the applications can be used in a more simple way. For instance, you can produce a PDF document for a single canto with your notes, and send it by mail. Or you can exchange your notes with your friends. All these features make the annoteBook series one of the most advanced e-book readers available on iPhone/iPad.
Unique in its features:
• Original italian text, with the complete commentary of Niccolò Tommaseo and the illustrations of Gustave Doré.
• Index of books and illustrations.
• Personal notes can be written for each verse.
• Notes can be saved on a computer/copied from a computer (in this way they can be transferred to another copy of the Comedy). Requires wi-fi connection.
• Automatic bookmark: by reopening the application you will be automatically repositioned where you left the reading.
• Unlimited annotable bookmarks on single lines.
• Word search, with powerful search engine.
• In-application e-mail of the of the cantos, also in PDF format, with the option of including the personal annotations.
• Additional resources, with index of characters and places and concept map.
• Easy reading with a choice of font sizes.
• Choice of background page color for reading under different light conditions
• Verse numbers can be shown or hidden.
Please note: The work is only in Italian.