EXPOSURE by R.J. Pineiro (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
"Taut…gets off to a bang-up start…A fast-paced thriller that cuts to the chase often." (Kirkus Reviews)
Computer scientist Pamela Sasser led the quiet life of a professor until she discovered a bug in the new Perseus computer chip manufactured by the corporation owned by presidential candidate Preston Sinclaire. When the bug causes a massive nuclear meltdown, only Sasser can prove what happened.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s narrator, Brian Emerson. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
“Brian Emerson tells this spine-chilling tale in a dispassionate voice that effectively builds the tension….the listener is swept up by the story's incredible conclusion.” (AudioFile)
• EXPERIENCE. About 10 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for fans of Tom Clancy, John Grisham, and other thrillers with a technological edge.
Computer scientist Pamela Sasser led the quiet life of a university professor until her research uncovered a bug in the new Perseus computer chip. The Perseus, manufactured by a corporation owned by billionaire presidential candidate Preston Sinclaire, is at the heart of thousands of commercial and military systems, including the Palo Verde nuclear plant. When the bug causes a massive nuclear meltdown, killing thousands and leaving a legacy of radiation illness and cancer to millions more, only Sasser can prove what happened. But her knowledge pits her against one of the most powerful enemies in the world. When her would-be assassin learns her secret, he too becomes a target. Now the two must run together, evading military hit teams and corporate killers, to expose the secrets of Sinclaire and the Perseus before the bug surfaces again.
- iPod Touch