THE BIG JEWISH BOOK FOR JEWS by Ellis Weiner and Barbara Davilman (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
“The Big Jewish Book for Jews” brings together Jewish wit, inspiring tales, classic skills, and even pickle recipes for the instruction and edification of the modern Jew. Through this funny and informative reference, readers will build a connection to their ancestors and finally understand what it takes to be the Jew-est Jew of all.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by the authors, in conjunction with Blackstone Audio’s award-winning narrators, Yuri Rasovsky and Lorna Raver. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. About 7 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for anyone who enjoys satire or who is interested in learning more about Jewish culture today.
If both Ike Turner and Isaac Bashevis Singer are Jewish, what does “being Jewish” even mean? The assimilated Jews of today are lost, and they need to relearn the old ways so their identity comes to mean something other than laughing knowingly at “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and being ambivalent about AIPAC. What they need is “The Big Jewish Book for Jews,” a hilarious compendium of instruction, handicrafts, and lore that will help them rediscover the traditional wisdom, skills, and recipes, going all the way back to Moses and the original exodus from Egypt, when God was the only GPS you needed.
Through this funny and informative reference, readers will build a connection to their ancestors and finally understand what it takes to be the Jew-est Jew of all.
- iPod Touch