THE CASE OF JENNIE BRICE by Mary Roberts Rinehart (unabridged) is presented by Blackstone Audio and comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app available (see FEATURES, below).
“Compared with many of today's better mysteries, The Case of Jenny Brice holds its own. It is not just a curiosity because of its age; it is a fascinating mystery in its own right.” (Amazon.com Customer Review)
The blood-stained rope and towel, stray slipper, and broken knife, along with the disappearance of Jennie Brice, were enough to convince Mrs. Pitman that murder had been done in her boarding house. But with no body, there could be no murder charge. So the landlady took snooping into her own hands.
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling on a tiny screen. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the exact same 5-star recording offered elsewhere at much higher prices. It was professionally recorded by Blackstone Audio’s Earphones®-winning narrator, C. M. Hébert. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. About 4 hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ edition, this book includes extra functions and features not found on lesser players.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that finds any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends or Twitter feed.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for books, functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
RATING: Suitable for adults who enjoy historical fiction and classic whodunits.
The blood-stained rope and towel, the stray slipper, the broken knife, and the disappearance of the lovely Jennie Brice were enough to convince Mrs. Pitman that murder had been committed in her boarding house. The police, however, were another matter. Without a body, there could be no official murder charge. Mrs. Pitman ran a respectable establishment and was not about to harbor a killer. If the police couldn’t see what was in front of their noses, then she would have to take matters into her own hands. As the landlady, after all, she had the perfect excuse to do a little judicious snooping.
- iPod Touch