This application contains a professional recording of Nice To Come Home To -- wrapped in a beautiful and elegant player to create an immersive and enjoyable audiobook experience.
A smart, funny, entertaining novel of love and family for our times, Nice to Come Home To breaks the mold of the conventional love story--and will have readers cheering. Everyone around Prudence Whistler, thirty-six, seems to be settling down. Her once-single girlfriends have lately married and had babies. Her gay best friend is discussing marriage with his partner. Even her irresponsible younger sister, Patsy is the single mother of a two-year-old. But when Pru loses her lackluster boyfriend of two years, she fears she's lost her chance at a traditional family of her own. What she then stumbles upon, however, may actually be even better. Setting about redesigning her life, Pru finds herself accumulating an unusual ad hoc family around he, both within her crowded apartment and in the broader community of Adams-Morgan in Washington, DC. With her new life come the confidence to realize her dress-shop dreams, and a new understanding of family and happiness--one that may just deliver true love in the bargain. Endearing, romantic, witty, and satisfying, Nice to Come Home To is a charming, crowd-pleasing debut.
- Background playback and Retina Display enabled (Specific devices required)
- Automatic bookmarking to keep track of your place for you
- Gorgeous user interface to create an immersive reading experience
- Notes - Allows you to write down thoughts as you listen and email them to yourself or friends.
- Preloaded with content to allow for offline use
- iPod Touch