With Mobile Book Swap, you can have an iPhone interface to PaperBack Swap (http://www.paperbackswap.com) that allows you to review your lists and enter books on the go.
If you're unfamiliar with PaperBack Swap (PBS), please check out their web site. It's totally free to sign up and they use a system of credits that you can use for requesting any member's books (not just paperbacks, hardbacks and audio as well). Once signed up, you will have access to the community posted library of over 4 million books. The system is absolutely Genius.
With Mobile Book Swap, you will be able to add books to your "Bookshelf" by scanning ISBN barcodes using the phone's camera.
Barcode scanning will *only* work on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. Older phones do not have autofocus cameras and do not support the video mode used to do the barcode scanning. That being said, there are plenty of great features even without the camera scan in this app.
Current Version Features:
* View the status of Requests (Requested, Accepted, En Route, To Be Mailed, etc) and account balances
* Search by Title, Author, ISBN or Scan ISBN
* Search results show rating, cover images, availability, other people wishing, etc.
* Add books to your Book Shelf (books available to send)
* Add books to your Wish List
* Request Books
* View your Wishlist, Books I've Read, To Be Read, Just Posted
Future Version Features:
* Accept Requests, Confirm Mailed, Confirm Received
* Maintain/Delete from Bookshelf, Wishlist, TBR, etc
**** These features depend on the API calls being available on Paperback Swap.
Be sure to setup an account at the following address prior to using this app (its free):
For more info on this app, or for support, (any questions, feature requests, suggests) please visit the following site:
- iPod Touch