The Pillars of the Earth Amplified Edition for iPad offers a new reading experience, as Ken Follett’s beloved epic story leaps from the page to the screen in a multimedia adventure. This amplified edition of Ken Follett’s international bestselling novel The Pillars of the Earth showcases beautiful video, art and music from the Starz Originals 8-part epic television event based on the book, as well as exclusive videos with the author about his research and the process of bringing his books to the screen, and an innovative Character Tree that prevents plot spoilers. Produced in anticipation of the original television series based on the novel, The Pillars of the Earth app invites you to immerse yourself in a medieval world charged with ambition, desire, and lust.
Unique and exclusive features include:
• An interactive Character Tree, housed in a virtual stained glass window, grows as characters are introduced in the book, allowing the reader to learn more about the selected characters and their corresponding relationships. As the story progresses, the stained glass window becomes more intricate and reveals more and more about the characters.
• Contextual video footage and still images are carefully blended into the eBook from the corresponding section of the CBC series, so readers can choose to watch beautiful clips of cathedrals, horses and men in shining armor inside the eBook. Or if they prefer, they can watch the clips as well as longer scenes in another section of the app.
• Ken Follett’s multimedia Diary, which is the author’s on-set impressions of the process of bringing “The Pillars of the Earth” from page to screen.
• Behind-the-scenes insights into the making of the event series, looking at how the filmmakers captured Follett’s vision and created the medieval world of The Pillars of the Earth, including interviews with the actors, director and producers.
• A Listening Lounge features music – including hymns, soundtrack themes, and battlefield scene scores – from the miniseries.
• A chapter of Ken Follett’s new book “Fall of Giants”
• If a video does not appear, or is taking a long time to load, tap on the upper right corner of the screen to zoom and refocus.
Penguin Group (USA) [www.penguin.com/pillars]