A real nice book aimed at children, but not at all childish!
Alban is not too small, and he’s not too tall, and his medium-sized world suits him well. But somehow: the horizon line calls him… So, one day, Alban leaves. He goes through expectancies, disappointments and discoveries, and finally finds out what growing up is all about.
« Head over heels » has a poetic simplicity of its own with:
- a lively text, full of rythm and rhymes
- thoughts about the concepts of « tall » and « small »
- superb three-tone woodcut illustrations
- a universe of deep and sober colors
- a book in which the child interacts with the story
- a little Memory game that goes over the elements of the story
The first children’s book by Alice Brière-Haquet and Olivier Philipponneau, « Le Ballon de Zébulon », published in 2010 by Auzou was shortlisted for many literary awards. A second book, called « Perdu! », is due in 2011 at MeMo publisher.