**Named as Kirkus Review’s Best App of 2011**
The Hare and the Tortoise, as told in Marmaduke Park’s beautiful, rhythmic rendition of this timeless Aesop fable, come to life in a fresh and fun Scanimation approach.
Hare and Tortoise is a short story for kids with a moral. When Hare boasts that he "leaves the wind behind" when he runs, Tortoise replies, "What nonsense. I'll give you a race." Hare laughs but accepts this easy challenge. As they set off, Hare bounds down the lane, with Tortoise creeping along behind. Hare obviously has the advantage … or does he?
Hare and Tortoise is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Learn the moral of the story
-Kids will get introduced to two new animals and their characteristics
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- Name some wild animals, or animals that live in forests.
- What did you learn from the story? Would you follow it?
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
- Interact with the story as it unfolds, cutting the rope that holds the text to make it drop and bounce and switching between different narrator voices.
▶ TWO WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn