What is Soul Music? A Song for Miles takes children on a colorful and musical journey. Through the lyrics of soul songs by artists like Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind, and Fire, and Marvin Gaye, children learn the meaning of determination, kindness, and love. A Song for Miles nurtures children's inquisitive nature and love of music and sounds, all while teaching valuable lessons and the importance of having good character.
A Song for Miles is compatible with school-based character education curriculum. The story creatively aligns with character traits such as initiative, compassion, civility, respect, empathy, responsibility, and perseverance. Character development is an integral part of raising respectful and happy children and A Song for Miles will appeal to parents as it creates a platform for values discussions. Children will enjoy the colorful pages while parents and music lovers will appreciate the musical content and paying tribute to their favorite soul music artists.
- The first Storybook Application on the AppStore that showcases Black soul music artists who shaped and influenced the music we listen to today.
- Read To Me/Read To Myself and Music On/Off functionality
- Interactive links to iTunes to purchase music from the artists listed in the book on the Acknowledgments page.
- Illustrated using digital inks and acrylics that pop off the screen taking full advantage of the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch resolution.
- Whimsical animations sure to please readers of all ages.
- Storybook application narrated by WCLK's on air personality Jamal Ahmad and scored by Hip Hop artist c'beyohn
NOTE: Songs from the Artist are not included in the App, only references to their lyrics.