This is the book that made Ayn Rand not just one of the most popular novelists of all time but an enduring and influential thinker. This app brings together the unabridged text and rarely seen archival materials to enhance understanding of the work, the author’s life, and her continuing influence on American culture and business.
Atlas Shrugged tells the story of John Galt, the man who said he would stop the motor of the world – and did. It is a mystery novel not about the murder of a man’s body, but about the murder – and rebirth – of man’s spirit. Tremendous in its scope, breathtaking in its suspense, it presents a panorama of American life and thoroughly embodies its author’s philosophy of Objectivism. A perennial bestseller since its original publication, Atlas Shrugged is experiencing greater sales than ever in this climate of economic and political struggle.
While immersed in the app, readers also have the option to share favorite passages and quotes from the novel on Facebook, Twitter, and via email with a few quick taps – and without ever leaving the page.
The app includes:
- Handwritten, original manuscript pages and notes from the author’s journals regarding key scenes
- Video and audio excerpts from Rand’s talks on hot button topics from the book and her philosophy, courtesy of The Ayn Rand Archives
- Full-length audio lectures, including a Q&A on Objectivism, an outline of its basic principles, and commentary on the state of business and government (covered in the ever-timely lecture “Is Atlas Shrugging?”)
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Author’s Life and Groundbreaking Philosophy:
- Illustrated, revealing timeline of the author’s life and major works, including personal documents, letters, and correspondence
- Photo gallery of images of the author at work
- Informative articles on the author’s life, influences, and her philosophy of Objectivism
Additional reader enrichment materials:
- Collection of sharable quotes and passages from the novel (via Facebook, Twitter, and email) embedded within the reading experience
- A fun “Who Said That?” quiz to challenge readers to recall some of the most memorable lines from the novel
- Endorsements and testimonials from celebrities and business leaders on the enduring power and influence of Atlas Shrugged
- A Discussion Guide to aid in book group or classroom conversations, and a catalog of the author’s available titles
- The trailer for the documentary Ayn Rand and the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged, from Mad Universe LLC
- Easy in-book navigation features including text search, bookmarks, custom reader settings, and the ability to flip pages with a tap or swipe
- Sidebar annotations alongside the novel hide away for an uninterrupted reading experience
- Reproduced archival documents and images that can be enlarged to full screen with a double tap
- Complete app functionality in both portrait and landscape orientation
…and much more!