** iPhone App of the Week
Stomp your feet! Clap your hands! Everybody ready for a BARNYARD DANCE! Loud Crow Interactive and Boynton Moo Media proudly present a terrifically interactive musical version of Sandra Boynton’s much-adored board book. Cows and ducks and little kids rejoice!
In Barnyard Dance! irrepressible farm animals join in a rollicking square dance. With this wonderful app, little listeners can move the violin bow to play the cow’s fiddle. Now—with a touch or a tap or a pull—you can help the farm animals bounce, twirl, strut, spin, hop, leap, turn and, of course, promenade.
Beloved bluegrass musician John Stey narrates in the traditional cadence of a square dance caller, backed by a lively country band playing Michael Ford’s “Barnyard Square Dance.” This digital book is a catchy and fun romp for little ones and their parents, written with irresistible rhyme and rhythm, and illustrated—and now animated—by the author with those quirky and exuberant Boynton characters.
With nearly four million copies in print, Barnyard Dance! is listed among Publishers Weekly’s Bestselling Children Books of All Time.
• The fourth collaboration of the award-winning bestselling team of Boynton Moo Media and Loud Crow Interactive
• A zesty and surprising interactive book app version of Sandra Boynton’s beloved and bestselling board book (nearly four million copies in print!)
• Touch, tap, and pull the farm animals to help them join in the lively square dance
• Boynton has redrawn and recolored the original Barnyard Dance illustrations, and created new animations as well.
• Includes an original instrumental soundtrack, "Barnyard Square Dance", a wonderful country tune by Michael Ford
• Realistic page turning interactions just like the original board book
• "The Big Guy Reads It" with word highlighting to help improve reading skills. Or “I want to read it myself” and hear individual words pronounced with the tap of a finger
• What’s next from the amazing team of Boynton Moo Media and Loud Crow Interactive? Hint: “But not the armadillo.”
- iPod Touch