The Messaage Voice Only GoBible Read it/Hear it App is a comprehensive Bible program that lets the user both read and listen to the The Message on an iPhone, iPod Touch or IPad. The reader of the Message Kelly Ryan Dolan, whose deeply emotive voice captures the spirit of the narration. The program has been developed with the goal of making the Bible as accessible and enjoyable as possible.
- Browse and play through the Story Index which contains 50 popular Bible stories.
- Bible-in-a-Year plan which allows the user, with about 10-15 minutes a day, to read and listen to the entire Bible in one year.
- To help organize Bible study, mark favorite passages or where you left off listening, the App has the capability for the user to mark an unlimited number of Bookmarks, which are easily accessible at all times.
- Keyword Search that offers the user the ability to search the Bible text for certain words and phrases.
- Social Features: Share verses on Facebook. Tweet , Email, and Text verses
The Message was written by Eugene Peterson who hoped to bring the Bible to life for two different types of people: those who hadn't read the Bible because it seemed too distant and irrelevant and those who had read the Bible so much that it had become 'old hat.'" His primary goal was to capture the tone of the text and the original conversational feel of the Greek, in contemporary English.
There is a need in every generation to keep the language of the gospel message current, fresh, and understandable—the way it was for its very first readers. That is what The Message seeks to accomplish for contemporary readers. It is a version for our time—designed to be read by contemporary people in the same way as the original koin Greek and Hebrew manuscripts were savored by people thousands of years ago.
The goal of The Message is to engage people in the reading process and help them understand what they read. This is not a study Bible, but rather "a reading Bible." The verse numbers, which are not in the original documents, have been left out of the print version to facilitate easy and enjoyable reading. The original books of the Bible were not written in formal language. The Message tries to recapture the Word in the words we use today.
- iPod Touch