*Most-downloaded poetry app in 22 countries*
"Conjures up words not often associated with apps; words like 'beautiful','art,' and 'emotion'..." --Publishers Weekly
"The beauty of this app encourages a deeper, almost meditative reading experience..." -- School Library Journal
"A breath of fresh air... (its) beauty lies in its simple invitation to tune in to the wondrous sights and sounds that regularly surround us." --Kirkus
"Ancient wisdom meets modernity, timeless joy abounds..." --LeVar Burton, Host, Reading Rainbow
"Lovely" --NY Times 'App Smart'
Critics agree: "Chasing Fireflies" is an extraordinary way to experience the Japanese poetic art of HAIKU.
Each poem - from the great masters of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries - lives within a beautifully evolving background, moving through the cycles of the seasons in perfect harmony.
Touch the screen to affect the weather, conjure fireflies and shake leaves from the trees. . . in this handcrafted, interactive book from Honeybee Labs.
With an elegant original score, gentle nature soundscape, and thoughtful essay on the history of haiku. . . "Chasing Fireflies" will remind fans of why these poems have lasted for centuries. . . and introduce new readers to what they've been missing.
* Over 150 hand-selected poems by Basho, Buson, Kikaku, Issa and others
* Cinematic original score by composer Colin Wambsgan
* Book’s cover changes through time to display a new landscape each week
* Every page can be rotated to give four different perspectives
* Foreward by Caley Vickerman, founder of the Guerrilla Haiku movement
* Easily post your favorite passages to Twitter and Facebook