Expand your enjoyment of literature with RESOLVING CONFLICT by Tony Alessandra (unabridged). This interactive mash-up experience contains a multitude of features and content to help take you beyond the words, by providing a 5-star professional reading, background extras, and more.
NOTE: This app is fully accessible, and includes support for VoiceOver.
People naturally disagree about what to do and how and when to do it. However, when differences of opinion are accompanied by too much emotional commitment to one point versus another, the resulting conflict can be damaging. When we become emotionally locked into one idea and believe that it is the only one that can meet our needs and objectives, we enter into conflict with only two options: fight or flight.
This audio experience will help you identify the sources of conflict and understand how to encourage healthy disagreement without spiraling down into a negative conflict. It will also give you tools that will help you break out of a conflict routine once it has begun.
Topics covered include:
• The nature of conflict
• Three basic components of conflict
• Seven common sources of conflict
• Five strategies for managing conflict
• Five confrontation strategies to use to avoid conflict
• Six behaviors that escalate conflict
• Five conflict resolution behaviors to resolve conflict
Learn how to work through a problem to its solution. Conflicts offer many benefits if we can resolve them productively. Healthy disagreement can have a positive effect. Successful resolution of small conflicts can diffuse the possibility of more serious conflicts and result in better working relationships.
Self-contained, this app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. This app was built especially for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, meaning it fits your device perfectly. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
This was professionally recorded at the Made For Success studios by the author.
• EXPERIENCE. About 0.75 hour of narration. Created on the Folium enhancedAudio™ framework, this app includes extra functions and features not found in either e-book readers or audiobook players.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY. Listening at home or the office? Tap into remote speakers with AirPlay.
• CONTROL IT. The audio player offers multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, plus a one-touch chapter browser. The ‘scrub’ bar lets you point anywhere inside a chapter with just a tap, and now you can shake‘n’pause to temporarily halt playback instantly without looking at the screen.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the playback will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airline-approved! Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re free from the threat of an interrupted connection. Downloads usually take just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and intelligent.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the recording you’ve come.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the app again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
• GET MORE. Other titles that you might enjoy are updated over time, helping you find that next great experience to enjoy.
- iPod Touch