PRAY FOR JAPAN—March 11th, 2011: The day the world began to pray, the bestselling book originally released by Kodansha on April 25th, 2011, is making its e-book debut!
The app comes complete with exclusive features tailored for iOS, including full English, Chinese, and Korean translations in addition to the original Japanese, and tranquil background music performed by the pianist TOKITA Shintaro of Sukima Switch.
- Japanese, English, Chinese (simplified/traditional), and Korean versions
- Background piano music by TOKITA Shintaro of Sukima Switch
- High resolution text and images optimized for the retina display
- Pinch or double-tap to enlarge and shrink pages
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Browse using thumbnails to quickly access the page you want
- Bookmark pages with your favorite messages
- Read an app-exclusive compilation, “dokusha no koe?(readers’ voices)" (Japanese only)
- Twitter posting and browsing integration
In addition to posting from your own account, you can read messages posted by other users. We hope you will share your thoughts and feelings.
Profile of the supervising editor
TSURUDA Hiroyuki (@mocchicc) was born in 1991 in Nagasaki Prefecture. He is enrolled in the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies at Keio Univeristy, and is CEO, web designer and director at Labit Ltd. Tsuruda visited UN Headquarters in Geneva at age 17, delivering a speech on the abolition of nuclear weapons, and in the summer of 2010, visited the northern Indian region of Ladakh, witnessing the aftermath of unprecedented flooding and assisting in cleanup and recovery efforts.
- iPod Touch