** Fast Company — visually dazzling **
** Kirkus — The overall effect of the design makes the digital book an art object in itself.**
Enter the world of three girls who are surprised one rainy day when a very unusual horse appears in the barn. Very soon, the gray gelding will take the best friends on undreamed-of adventures.
Created by Story Worldwide and Bookerella, who developed the acclaimed book-app Bats! Furry Fliers of the Night, Horse Magic uses innovative parallax scrolling to create beautiful environments where the story unfolds. Magical digital experiences include:
Magical digital experiences include:
• Summer rain spatters the page.
• Words prance off the page to the sound of hoof beats.
• The gray gelding Magic appears and disappears.
• Words travel through a flowing stream.
• And much more….
Written by Cathy Hapka, author of many well-loved books for girls, and created by experts in children’s books, Horse Magic is the first book-app in an original series about adventure, friendship and the bond between horses and humans.
Engaging features in Horse Magic:
• More than 6,000 words of page-turning adventure
• Magical digital effects of waving grasses, dark forests, rushing brooks and ancient stone walls
• Spunky and independent young characters who love horses
• A rich soundtrack including horses neighing, running and snorting
• Beautiful, textured imagery designed especially for the iPad
• Time travel, with the help of a very special horse named Magic who possesses a mysterious, glowing mark on his neck
• Chapter by chapter digitally enhanced experiences
• And more!