This app includes a full-cast audio performance of Three Sisters by Anton Chekhov, alongside descriptive plot summaries of each scene, as well as the ability to make notes and save custom bookmarks as you're listening.
Meet Olga, Masha, and Irina, warm and cultured young sisters who were reared in the exciting hubbub of Moscow, but have been living in the dull, gossipy backwaters of Russia for far too long. With their father’s passing, and the ordinary grip of day-to-day life slowly suffocating them, the urge to return to the city with its rich and exciting life rises to a fever pitch. First performed in 1901, Three Sisters beautifully mixes humor and heartbreak and is a perennial favorite of actors and audiences alike.
The great Russian playwright Anton Chekhov is one of the most influential figures in modern literature, whose classic works include Three Sisters and The Cherry Orchard (also available from L.A. Theatre Works).
● Full-cast audio performance of Three Sisters
● Complete unabridged audiobook, no internet connection required
● Descriptive plot summaries of each scene
● Save notes as you're listening
● Save custom bookmarks
● An ideal learning tool for enhancing comprehension and enjoyment
● Highly recommended as a study guide for students, teachers, actors and directors
● Share an audio sample with friends & family
Cast of L.A. Theatre Works performance:
Jennifer Westfeldt as Masha
Tessa Thompson as Irina
Sarah Zimmerman as Olga
Jon Hamm as Vershinin
Josh Clark as Solyony and Rode
Josh Cooke as Kulygin
Dan Donohue as Tuzenbach
Pamela Dunlap as Anfisa
Marc Halsey as Fedotik
Rebecca Mozo as Natasha
Robert Pine as Chebutykin and Ferapont
Reid Scott as Andrei
Translated by Christopher Hampton. Directed by Jenny Sullivan. Recorded before a live audience at the Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles.
- iPod Touch