Do you find reading with your children brings you closer? Are you tired of distracting pop-ups and games that teach nothing but boredom and restlessness? Do you believe in reinforcing the joy of books in the digital age? At Global Mechanic Media, we do too.
That's why we've created "A Sweet Story". There are no tricks or advertising, just a beautifully illustrated, interactive book to be cherished like other children's classics. As parents ourselves, we have made a commitment to literacy and a guarantee to create only high quality, no gimmick book apps that you can feel good about buying for your kids.
Come and join Oliver Pumpernickel on his journey through a day of meals - using his imagination to conquer vegetables and befriend desserts! Allow your child to be a part of an enhanced digital experience, combining lovely pictures, a great story and interactivity that builds engagement with manual dexterity, vocabulary and a positive message.
It's the quality of traditional storytelling with the fun of touch and play!
* Touch screen interactivity allows readers to play with Oliver and his friends
* Jump into a pool of jelly beans!
* Sword fight with vegetables!
* Pogo in the clouds with a piece of cake!
* Sled down a hill with a cookie!
* High quality package for an enriched, book-like reading experience
* Delightful musical score and silly sound effects
* Swipe or one touch page flip
* Navigate to any page in the book with one touch Table of Contents
“A Sweet Story is a charming book packed with lovely illustrations, quirky animation and an assortment of tasty childhood memories. After one reading of A Sweet Story, I found my daughter staying up late, hiding the iPad under the covers to read it one more time. That might be the highest recommendation one can give.”
—Linda Simensky, Vice President of Children’s Programming at PBS