It's a BAD day to be a FLY! is an interactive illustrated children's audio book by Susan Syddall.
Engaging illustrations and text have been designed to motivate children to read for pleasure and information.
Mr Sty is just about to sit down and eat his delicious apple pie when along comes a fly!
This is no ordinary fly. This is a trainee fly who is learning to do what flies do best.
Find out what a trainee fly needs to learn and how Mr Sty plans on keeping the fly away from the apple pie!
WHAT'S UNIQUE ABOUT THIS APP?
Our stories are designed to help children develop a love of reading. We do this by using:
•Rhyme: This helps children to read word families and develops reading confidence.
•Rhythm: Helps children recognise patterns in words and sentences and makes reading a pleasure.
•Repetition: Allows children multiple opportunities to recognise, revisit and master written words.
•Humour: Engages children in the text.
We aim for our books to:
•Foster a love of language
•Build and extend vocabulary
•Capture children's interest
Each story contains GUIDE NOTES for parents/educators which suggest activities and experiences which will extend children's learning based on concepts introduced in the books.
- Original score and fun sound effects.
- Interactive learning activities which encourages comprehension and language development.
MORE ABOUT: It's a BAD day to be a FLY!
It's a BAD day to be a FLY! is part of a literacy series designed to help children learn to read. Fun activities and games based on ITS A BAD DAY TO BE A FLY! are available from our website.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR FREE FUN EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MORE...
- printable games
- Guide Notes which for curriculum activities (art, science, language, social/emotional/ moral development, physical, critical thinking, maths)
And it’s all FREE!
It's a BAD day to be a FLY! IS LOVED BY
Boys and girls ages 3 - 8
PARENT NOTICE ABOUT THIS APP
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain In App Purchases for additional content.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We'd love to hear from you. Email storiesandchildren.com/contact/
- iPod Touch