“Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me!” Sadly, being called names DOES hurt, and being bullied makes kids feel sad and lonely. Sometimes it helps to have someone remind us that we are all special in our own way, and sometimes, we just have to find out for ourselves.
Cornered! Is the story of a little green turtle named Sheldon; a curious turtle who likes music, sports, and eating flies. In fact, he's pretty normal except for one little thing; his shell is square and not round. And all Sheldon wants more than anything is to fit in and look like every other turtle. But because he looks different, all the kids tease him and call him names. Sheldon’s mom tries to tell him his four cornered shell is a gift but he’s not buying it. One day he has to do one of the bravest things he’s ever done and he realizes that who he is on the inside is what really matters. Sheldon's brave deed saves the day and he learns quickly that being a little bit different can be a very good thing!
• This is the second book in a series of books about self-esteem and bullying
• Filled with animations and interactive buttons for your child to discover
• Includes "real" swings that act and sound like swings
• The one time your child will be allowed to draw on the school's walls
• A shell-changer with an endless selection of shells to try on
• Real sound FX
• A fireworks show
• And a loveable and adorable character that you'll just want to hug!
- iPod Touch