Interactive application based on the version of Gabriela Mistral of the classic story “Little Red Riding Hood”. This book was illustrated by Paloma Valdivia and published by Editorial Amanuta in 2012.
With LittleRed App you can build Mistral´s verses, get into the woods of the Little Red Riding Hood, and interact with the animals and the story characters, depending on the time of the day that you open the application (day or night).
LittleRed App is a Chilean project made with a global perspective. This application, that you can find both in Spanish and English, is completely interactive. It is available for downloading directly from the App Store. It is intended for people from all ages, both adults and children, from Latin America and also from English-speaking countries. When you have built the whole story, you would be able of seeing two alternative endings. The speech in Spanish is from María Izquierdo, Chilean actress.
- Little Red Riding Hood by Gabriela Mistral complete book
- Illustrations by Paloma Valdivia
- Storytelling by Maria Izquierdo (Spanish) and Angelique Papadopoulos (English)
- Original music for the application
- Build Gabriela Mistral verses interactively.
- Interactive characters, animated with special sounds.
- Surprises on every page.
- Two alternative endings to discover.
- The application changes depending on whether it is day or night
- Share these app with your friends on Facebook
- Available both in Spanish and English
- Designed for IPad Retina Display
- No advertising
- No in-app purchases
About the book:
Inspired by the legendary Tales and Stories of the Past written by Charles Perrault in the 17th century, Gabriela Mistral wrote her own “Little Red Riding Hood,” which was first published in 1924, in the poetry volume entitled Ternura.
Poetry has a value that is attractive for children. Up to two years old, little kids approach to things mainly by the sounds that they produce; is after that age that they start recognizing the structure of a story. LittleRed App offers these two elements: a story with an easy-to-follow story line, and verses with a metric that makes them particularly melodious. To this is added the audio, with the narration of the poem and its original music, that stimulates both learning and memorizing.