Read interactive chess ebooks on your iPad or iPhone! Titles currently available include Chess Strategy for Club Players (Grooten), Improve Your Chess Tactics (Neishtadt), Endgame Tactics (Van Perlo) and SOS Opening Files (Jeroen Bosch). A free copy of one SOS File and Chess Fundamentals by Capablanca is provided.
Chess books, by their very nature, are more than just text. With this app, chess books can be everything they were meant to be. This app gives you both book and set, so you can read great chess literature anywhere and anytime without skipping over the long lines and variations.
● Tap on moves and see them appear on the board. Use the buttons under the live board to follow the main line. Or follow through moves as they appear in the text – both the main lines and variations.
● Tap on any diagram in the text to set it up on the live board.
● Change the text size, and the size of the diagrams in the text.
● Easy navigation through the book by Contents, Player or Opening.
● The book remembers where you stopped reading and opens at that page for you.
● Read real, full-length chess books, without setting up one board for the main line and another for the variations (as recommended by various authors).
● Solve puzzles – move the pieces around to see if your solution looks good. Tap the Solution button to see the answer. No need to rummage through the back of the book to check the solutions. No danger of accidentally seeing the solution to the next puzzle while you’re checking the previous one.
● Ponder continuations – think about the position before tapping the Reveal button to see how the game proceeded (and whether the players chose the correct continuations).
● Study endings – play out the long solutions of endgame puzzles effortlessly, and get a proper feel for the technique involved.
● Take your whole chess library on holiday – Botvinnik by the beach.
Best (we think) on the iPad, but works great on the iPhone and iPod touch.
- iPod Touch