As soon as President John F Kennedy committed the United States to land a man on the Moon and return him safely to Earth by the end of the 1960s, the space race became a global fascination, with every step along the journey one small step further towards that one giant leap taken by Neil Armstrong on 20th July 1969.
Here, each and every one of those steps is brought to life, with expert analysis of each of the Apollo missions, sensational photography of all the astronauts, their missions, their triumphs and trials, the team back at Houston, and all the key facts, figures and statistics.
• The background to the project
• Every mission covered, from Apollo 1 to Apollo 17
• The complete story told by experts
• Meet the crews for each mission
• Comprehensive timelines highlight the key moments
• Facts, figures and statistics for the entire Apollo project
• Mission badges explained
• Audio and video sections take you behind the scenes
• Rare photos and exhaustive picture galleries
This is the complete story of the greatest journey in human history.