Out now – VillageGuide for Choppington, including Sheepwash, Guide Post and Scotland Gate.
Village guides are a unique new series of guides designed for the iPhone and iPads. They allow both the casual visitor and the long-time resident to have a fascinating insight into the past by telling the story of villages through text, audio and superb archive photographs.
Set in the North-East of England, they bring the region’s particular mix of industrial and medieval past to light in a way that traditional guide books cannot match. They also have very useful information for the visitor such as listing where to park or finding out where the nearest cash-point is. Plus you can also find out somewhere great to eat.
This village guide covers the Choppington areas, describing over twenty fascinating buildings or sites to go and look at. It has over eighty photographs and illustrations, many of which are archive photos that are seldom seen and the story behind each site is available in twenty unique recordings to listen to and enjoy as you walk around and explore.
• Read about the tragic murder and suicide at Sheepwash.
• Discover the shocking truth about the early Guidepost that was swept away.
• Find out when the area was raided from the sky by a Zepelin.
• Learn about the brick-making in the area.
• Uncover the district’s two pits.
• Explore the old pit village and see photographs of a community that has now gone.
• Hear about Choppington’s very own Variety Theater.
• Discover the site of a medieval castle.
I hope that you enjoy it and that it encourages you to try out other village guides in the series, such as Bedlington, Ashington or Cambois.
- iPod Touch