- Translations of shorts stories from 20th century Korea
- Includes Kim Yu-jeong, Yi Kwang-su, Chae Man-sik’s stories and many more
- More to be updated in 2014
■ LTI Korea Series of 20th Century Korean Literature
This application introduces short stories that were presented in between the year 1910, the beginning of the Japanese occupation of Korea, until right before the Korean War broke out in 1950. Written by writers such as Kim Yu-jeong, Kim Dong-in, Chae Man-sik and Yi Kwang-su, and translated by the Literature Translation institute of Korea, these stories will enable readers to encounter the essence of 20th century Korean literature.
- 19 short stories and 1 novella, including Kim Yu-jeong's 'The Heat of the Sun', Kim Dong-in's 'Tale of a Mad Painter' and Yi Kwang-su's 'Gasil'
- More stories to be updated in 2014
Please contact email@example.com for any feedbacks regarding the content.
■ ABOUT LTI KOREA
The Literature Translation Institute of Korea (LTI Korea), established in 2001 under the auspices of the Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, is Korea’s first and foremost cultural institution for international literary activities.
For the purpose of promoting Korean literature worldwide and expanding its global readership, we support translation and overseas publication of literary works written in Korean. We have so far funded over 900 translation projects in nearly 30 different languages, thereby increasing the number of Korean books available in foreign languages and improving the overall quality of literary translation. Each year we provide a new platform for cultural exchange by organizing a number of literary events such as readings, forums and writer-in-residence programs. We believe that creating educational opportunities for aspiring translators is essential in globalizing Korean literature. The LTI Translation Academy offers various courses in literary translation throughout the year. By raising the global awareness of Korean literature, LTI Korea aims to serve as a cultural bridge between Korea and the wider world.
■ ABOUT Program
√ Highlight/Note functions to share with your friends
You can leave Highlights or Notes with text, images, movies and Web links directly on your pages, then share those Highlights or Notes with your group in real-time.
- Share or ask questions through Notes or Comments regardless of time or place.
- Multimedia functions – link images (maps, photos, etc.) or sermon videos!
- Get Push notifications and check Highlights, Notes or Comments right away!
√ An e-book that’s elegant and easy on your eyes!
"An electronic Book that feels like a paper book"
- Turn pages easily by tapping and swiping, not by moving a scroll bar
- 5 elegant themes
- Margins reduce eyestrain, provide natural page-turning effects
- Favorite Highlights and Notes
- Share via Facebook or Twitter
- Search easily and conveniently by initial or table of contents (by chapter)
- Text search
√ The powerful social functions of the “SNS Book Series”
- Divide into groups through Papers
- Adjust viewing and editing settings for each Paper individually
- Friend invitation feature for each Paper
- Set a password for each Paper
- Push notifications for Highlights/Notes (essential for group use)
√ Supported on iPhone and iPad at the same time
- Buy it once and enjoy it on both your iPhone and iPad, optimized for each.
- iPod Touch