Kumara Quest imagines what life would have been like in pre-colonial times, if social media was available to help with day to day problems as well as romantic pursuits.
Written and illustrated by Kairangi Ihimaera, Savea Benjamin Davies-Saua, Rose Roiho Elizabeth Yakas, Te-Maunga-Haruru and Breanna Rapana.
On February 13th and 14th, the first installment of the KIWA™Slam! for 2014 was hosted in Kawakawa at the Nuflo centre by Ngāti Hine and KIWA.
Sixteen students from schools and kura kaupapa around the Tai Tokerau, took up the challenge of conceiving, writing and illustrating four digital storybooks, in both the English and Māori languages.
With only two days to learn and apply their new skills, the result was an innovative mix of creativity and imagination as well as the blending of culture, history and traditional stories.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Touch pictures to hear different sound effects.
• See special animation effects bringing the picture to life.
• Use the Color Palette to paint each page!
KIWA™Book offers a true multi-language experience and is a great tool for learning new languages for both young and old. This KIWA™Book includes the narration, text, and user interface in these languages:
Compatible with iPad,
Requires iOS 7 +
Patent Protection 532174
Patent Pending - All rights reserved
Kiwa Digital produces multi-language digital content, creates IT solutions and develops products and services for the digital publishing and entertainment industries.