MobiGage is a metrology iPhone application used for the inspection of manufactured parts and assemblies. MobiGage creates, edits, and runs measurement plans and automates inspection processes.
MobiGage is designed as a solution for gage replacement. It integrates all measurement tools and gages -- Portable CMMs, Measuring Arms, Calipers, Radius Gage, Height Gage, etc.
STANDARD -- MobiGage’s reporting follows manufacturing industry standards -- Modifiable HTML, Tabular, AS9102, etc. MobiGage measurement methodology follows manufacturing industry standards -- NIST & PTB fitting algorithms, GD&T, RPS alignments, etc.
AUTOMATED -- Connect MobiGage to any measurement device such as a measuring arm, portable CMM, calipers, micrometer, etc. for automated measurement.
FLEXIBILE -- Connect to any device and switch between devices wirelessly or on the 3G phone network.
DISTRIBUTED -- Multiple, simultaneous connections to the same device are always available.
· Design and Engineering
· First Article Inspection
· Part Inspection
· Production Inspection
· Assembly, Tool Building and Setting Details
· Quality Control
· Process Control
· Create Plan – Create a measurement plan.
· Features – 2D and 3D features to be calculated using industry standard least squares fitting algorithms. Standard features include: Plane, Point, Line, Circle, Sphere, Cylinder, Cone, Arc, Slot, and Ellipse.
· Dimensions – Measure dimensions including: 1D Gage, 3D Gage, Distance, and Angle.
· Constructions – Construct geometry from previously measured geometry. Constructions include Build Circle, Build Line, Build Plane, Build Point, Offset
· Alignments – 3 Point, Plane-Line-Point, Plane-Line-Line, Plane-Circle-Circle, 3 Plane Feature Align, RPS
· Macros – Create, edit, or insert a macro into the measurement plan.
· Save Plan – Save a plan on this iPhone or iPod-Touch or on an FTP server.
· Run – View, edit, and run (measure) a plan.
· Report – Save and email an inspection report.
· Connect – Test connection to a measuring device.
· Setup – Select device, probe, units, precision, report style and settings
“MobiGage” is the master application. It can also be used in a programmer-mode to write, load and save measurement plans.
“MobiGage FREE” canNOT connect to a device. Data can be entered in manual mode for testing and evaluation. Create and save one measurement plan at a time.
“MobiGage CONNECT” CAN be connected to a device wirelessly or with the addition of the MobiBox hardware. It cannot create an inspection plan or measure geometry.
gage, also gauge (gāj) n.
· An instrument for measuring or testing.
· A standard or scale of measurement.
· A standard dimension, quantity, or capacity.
· A means of estimating or evaluating.
· Thickness or diameter, as of sheet metal or wire.
me·trol·o·gy (mě-trŏl'ə-jē) n.
· The science that deals with measurement.
· A system of measurement.
- iPod Touch