E2Q Enterprises presents our first iPhone Application specifically for Retailers. iRetail Calendar Basic and iRetail Calendar Pro are the first editions in a line of mobile applications designed to assist Retail Executives and employees in their day to day functions.
iRetail Calendar is designed on the standards set forth by the National Retail Federation (NRF) and the IRS 52-53 week Accounting Calendar; also known as the 4-5-4, 4-4-5, 5-4-4 Accounting or Marketing Calendar. By default this program is set to use the standard 4-5-4 Calendar as per NRF guidelines.
The iRetail Calendar Pro version will allow you to:
1. View 2 months at a time.
2. Review “this Year” to “last year” (TY/LY) for a given period / month. (Rotate phone to landscape mode for this feature)
3. Input marketing and/or sales events, meetings and notes by day.
4. Search by event function
If you require only basic Retail calendar functions then please review The iRetail Calendar Basic version. The Basic version allows for only reviewing one period at a time, either ahead or backward in one month intervals.
For those familiar with this style calendar you already know how having this calendar at your finger tips will help you plan your business better. For those unfamiliar with how using a 52-53 week Accounting Calendar will help your business, here are the basics:
1. Two Seasons Spring and Fall which consist of 26 weeks; except every several years due to rounding there is an extra week in the Fall making it 27 weeks.
2. 4 quarters divided into 13 weeks each (note exception above).
3. Every month will either have 5 weeks or 4 weeks.
4. Every accounting period per year will correspond to the same accounting period as last year and; likewise, for the next year.
5. If following the National Retail Federation guidelines each week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
6. The layout of the calendar lines up holidays and ensures the same number of Saturdays and Sundays in comparable months.
By “normalizing” the Calendar in this method it makes planning, forecasting, analyzing and reporting Sales figures much easier as from year to year the data will line up accurately allowing for appropriate comparison.
If your organization is interested in a customized version of iRetail Calendar, i.e. preloaded with your company’s seasonal marketing calendar or another type of customized mobile application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
E2Q Enterprises specialize in mobile application, website and software development, integration and automation.
Additional Notes on IRS Guidelines:
The 52-53 Week Rule only applies to Fiscal Year returns.
A business can elect to use a 52-53-week tax year if you keep your books and report your income and expenses on that basis. If you make this election, your 52-53-week tax year must always end on the same day of the week. Your 52-53-week tax year must always end
• Whatever date this same day of the week last occurs in a calendar month, or
• Whatever date this same day of the week falls that is nearest to the last day of the calendar month.
For more specific information, please contact your Accountant and/or review the IRS website(http://www.irs.gov).
- iPod Touch