The terms you need to know to talk like Cramer, think like Soros, and buy like Buffet
From the creators of one of today’s most popular investing Web sites, The Investopedia Guide to Wall Speak presents in-depth definitions of the site’s most searched terms.
Covering everything from the basics, such as “assets”, “commodity”, and “index”, to more advanced concepts like “tranche”, “debenture”, and “value investing”, the Investopedia Guide takes you beyond the average dictionary definition with concise yet thorough encyclopedic explanations of terms and concepts.
The Investopedia Guide to Wall Speak will be a compilation of Investopedia's top-searched terms under the following categories: Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, Options & Futures, Retirement Planning, Foreign Exchange, Taxes, and "Buzzwords." The software will follow Investopedia.com's format, giving the definition of the term plus a short explanation putting the term in context--the "Investopedia Says" commentary that offers real-life scenarios relevant to each investment term.
The Investopedia Guide to Wall Speak will be an entertaining and informative book, not a heavy-duty reference guide.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Investopedia is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and packed with great features.
* Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access
* Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad)
* Quick search of terms while you type
* Table of contents for fast navigation in the different sections of the title
* Hyperlinks between terms and articles
* Ability to change the font size in the term definitions
* Favorites - you can create your own lists of favorite items and organize them in groups
* History of last visited terms and articles
* Fast article scrolling
* No connection to the Internet required - you can use the dictionary on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without connecting to the Internet and with no additional charges
* Daily term feature to help you memorize a term each day
Can’t find the word you are looking for? Three kinds of filters will help you locate that elusive word.
* Fuzzy filter – used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword – used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card – “?” and “*” replace a letter and group of letters in words to broaden your search
- iPod Touch