Side by Side Prof is a multiple-window reader/browser with offline reading and note taking capabilities. It turns the iPad into multiple resizable reading devices working in parallel.
You can browse webpages, download files, read documents, or take notes on each split screen.
When reading something on the iPad, e.g. a webpage or a PDF document, you might often need some handy tools on the side, e.g. a dictionary, a notepad, your email inbox, your facebook updates, an IM tool to chat with your friends, or a youtube video with your favorite background music. This app provides you plenty of possible ways to organize your beautiful iPad screen.
There are a lot more you can do with Side by Side. You can open a web-based game side by side and play together with your friend. You can also open two similar documents side by side to read and compare.
The start page in the bookmark list provides links to lots of interesting websites (e.g. games, tools) that nicely fit the split touch screen. It is frequently updated.
When you want to focus on one side, you still can cover the full iPad screen with one of the panels.
* Web browsing
* Note taking
* File downloading
* File viewing (HTML, images, PDF, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
* Notes sharing via email
* Adding bookmarks for webpages
* Adding bookmarks in files
* File sharing via email or between apps
* Search notes, bookmarks and filenames
* Reformat webpages into a text only page
* One tap file/webpage downloading mode
* Add star to favorite files
* A special technology to display many websites in the best way to fit the smaller windows
* Touch gestures for changing layout and swapping windows
* Sync files and notes through Dropbox
* Extract pictures from webpages
* Capture screen shot for a window
* Note: the only difference between Side by Side and Side by Side Pro is that SS is ad supported, and SS Pro is ad free.