Berjaya Corporation Berhad's Official iPad App.
The history of Berjaya Corporation dates back to 1984 when the Chairman, Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun acquired a major controlling stake in Berjaya Industrial Berhad (originally known as Berjaya Kawat Berhad) from the founders, Broken Hill Proprietary Ltd, Australia and National Iron & Steel Mills, Singapore.
The shareholding change also resulted in a major change in the business, direction and the dynamic growth of a diversified conglomerate under the flagship of Berjaya Corporation Berhad ("BCorp").
In October 1988, following a major restructuring, Berjaya Group Berhad (then known as Inter-Pacific Industrial Group Berhad) became the holding company of Berjaya Industrial Berhad.
Inter-Pacific Industrial Group Berhad (formerly known as Raleigh Berhad) was incorporated in 1967 as a bicycle manufacturer. In 1969, the Company gained official listing on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (“Bursa Securities”).
BCorp assumed the listing status of Berjaya Group Berhad on the Main Board of Bursa Securities upon the completion of the group restructuring exercise in October 2005 and the listing of the new shares on 3 January 2006.
On 26 May 2010, BJCorp was included into MSCI Malaysia Index, part of the MSCI Asia Pacific Index Series.
BCorp engaged in the following core businesses and is currently listed on Main Market of Bursa Securities under Trading Services Sector (stock name & code: BJCORP & 3395).
1. Consumer Marketing
2. Property Investment & Development
3. Hotels, Resorts & Recreation Development
4. Gaming & Lottery Management
5. Financial Services
6. Food & Beverage
8. Enviro Services & Clean Technology
Other listed companies within the Group are:
- Berjaya Land Berhad (stock name & code: BJLAND & 4219)
- Berjaya Sports Toto Berhad (stock name & code: BJTOTO & 1562)
- Cosway Corporation Ltd (listed on Hong Kong Exchange)
(stock name & code: COSWAY CORP & 0288)
- Berjaya Food Berhad (stock name & code: BJFOOD & 5196)
- Berjaya Assets Berhad (stock name & code: BJASSET & 3239)
- Berjaya Media Berhad (stock name & code: BJMEDIA & 6025)
Today, BCorp together with Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun's private businesses has a combined employee strength of 30,000 worldwide.