A1 Lodging Mgmt. 2.0
SERIOUS APPS FOR SERIOUS BUSINESS
There are more than 21 iTunes apps available. For more detail information visit the developer support site.
It was brought to my attention this week 11/11/2013 that the "Sync to the computer" companion feature for my iTunes app will no longer be supported under IOS 6 and 7. This affects about 18% of the app users who have requested the companion app for this purpose. The sync capability has run its course and now there are new ways to work with the companion apps. If your an IOS 6 or 7 user contact me to learn about new ways to connect. I am in the process of developing new replacement apps for iTunes that include advanced features.
The A1 Lodging Management is a completely new design based on the A1 B&B and Inns application. This application is the result of all the lessons learned for all the iTunes apps to this point. The items below will cover the new features and functions of the A1 Lodging Management application.
Important: The latest apps that include international language editing should be synced prior to adding data on the iPad. This adds example records that will setup the language fields for the iPad.
All iTunes apps purchased include a free companion app for PC or Mac. View developer site for obtaining companion apps.
1. The user feedback that I received for the B&B app was that the billing portal did not have the functionality they desired. In this version I have incorporated the comments and improvements that were suggested from the B&B apps users. The result is a new app with several new features.
2. One of the first things you’ll notice is a completely new user interface. The application has used tabs to consolidate the screens for faster access and input of data.
3. There is a separate tab for booking reservations where the basic guest information is entered. There is a room assignment tab that combines a view of current reservations booked, an additional tab for room assignments for the record being assigned. Upon entering a new reservation room assignment it will appear on the tab for all reservations.
4. The addition of UDF (user defined fields) will be used to allow you to add your own data field sets when there was a need to add data for unavailable fields.
5. When you initially set up the application you have all the rooms in one table so that they may be selected in the booking process using a drop-down list. This will automatically add data to the billing screen tab for the suggested room fees. The drop-down list will also include the room type in as far as king-size or queen-size bed etc.
6. The app includes a screen built-in with Google calendar for forecasting occupancy, bookings, and events to allow for large parties of visitors.
7. The app also includes a table screen to add any billing items into the table to include supporting information. This information is used in the billing screen to select items to be added to the billing invoice.
8. Payments will be taken through the payment tab on the booking screen for easy access and quick entry.
9. A separate expense screen is used to manage monthly expenses, and non-income producing costs.
10. A very important new feature is the language tabs on screens that is also included on the booking screen through a tab. This tab allows the user to modify headers, fields, and other text on the screen to rewrite in the local language. This will include the ability to add money symbols in field headers. These are features that were requested and will be included in this version.
11. For employee management a separate employee screening is included for scheduling work assignments, days of work, and tasks for employees.
12. The iPad app includes a free companion app for the Mac or PC that is described on the developer web site.
13. Reports are also included for selected elements in the application.