The HP iLO Mobile application provides access to the remote console of your HP ProLiant server from your iPhone or iPad. The mobile app interacts directly with the iLO processor on HP ProLiant servers, providing total control of the server at all times as long as the server is plugged in. For example, you can access the server when it is in a healthy state, or when it is powered off with a blank hard drive. As an IT administrator, you can troubleshoot problems and perform software deployments from almost anywhere.
The HP iLO Mobile app allows you to perform the following tasks:
• Operate the server power switch.
• Use the Remote Console to interact with the operating system, including BIOS and ROM configuration changes.
• Mount an ISO CD/DVD image from an image file hosted on a web server (http or https). The disk image is available on the server as a USB CD/DVD drive. You can boot from the disk image and deploy an operating system.
• Launch HP iLO scripts and monitor their progress.
• Access the HP iLO web interface.
• Store the list of servers you want to manage.
• HP ProLiant servers with HP iLO 3 or later are supported. This includes all ProLiant G7 and Gen8 servers except ProLiant G7 100 series with Lights-Out 100i.
• You must have network access to the iLOs you want to manage. When connecting from the cellular phone network, this typically involves reconfiguring a firewall or setting up a VPN. You can connect through a firewall using a VPN or you can open/forward the following ports:
• HTTP: Port 80
• HTTPS: Port 443
• Remote Console: Port 17990
Note: The ports listed in this section are the default values. You can view or change the port settings on the Administration > Access Settings page of the iLO web interface.
• The following features require an HP iLO Advanced license on the server:
o iLO Virtual Media
o Remote Console is included on ProLiant Blade servers. A license is required on all other servers.
o Scripting is available on all servers, but a license is required for the scripting of certain features such as iLO Virtual Media.
For information about HP iLO and HP iLO Advanced, see http://www.hp.com/go/compareilo.
• The HP iLO Mobile app can consume significant network bandwidth. When using the cellular network, monitor your data use if you do not have an unlimited data plan. Consider using Wi-Fi when possible.
- iPod Touch