iMile is a must have for hardworking professionals that need to keep track of their business miles. This app utilizes the GPS and other capabilities of your iPhone to track your route, distance, time, purpose, date, starting and ending addresses, and your car's odometer. Type in the address of your destination or select it from the the contacts in your iPhone, and iMile will draw a green suggested route on a map for you to follow as it tracks your actual route in red. It also allows you to enter in trips manually if you forget to track them as you're driving. When it comes time to turn in your expense report, iMile allows you to send an email of a spreadsheet of all your trip data as an attachment.
Key features include:
- Map with suggested route to your destination to help you stay on track
- Tracking of the actual route taken to get to your destination
- Integration with your iPhones contacts that allows you to quickly look up addresses
- Export a spreadsheet with all your trip data and send it as an attachment in an email
- Helps you keep track of everything you need for your reports: trip purpose (business - yes/no), date, distance, time, starting odometer, ending odometer, destination address, and starting address
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- iPod Touch