AirWatch introduces an enterprise-grade Mobile Content Management (MCM) application for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices that allows IT administrators to securely manage document distribution and mobile access to corporate documents through a web-based console.
The AirWatch Secure Content Locker application enables mobile users to access corporate resources on-the-go from their iOS devices. To gain access, the Secure Content Locker application must be installed from iTunes.
Before a user can access corporate documents, they will be prompted for a Group ID, username and password, or authentication token. AirWatch supports basic, LDAP, SAML, and proxy authentication. The Secure Content Locker is managed through configurable system settings within the AirWatch console. Authentication grace period (in minutes) can be defined. The ability to prevent documents from being opened in other applications can be enabled or disabled and, if if the device is/has been compromised (jailbroken), AirWatch prevents access to the Secure Content Locker application and performs a complete wipe of the content data on the device.
Corporate documents can be uploaded and organized in the AirWatch console using custom document categories and metadata including author, description, notes, keywords, etc. Content distribution and use is configurable at the document level. Capabilities supported include:
• Access Control: Enable users to view documents offline or only while online
• Transfer Method: Define settings for document uploads/downloads to use cellular data or Wi-Fi Only
• Encryption: Transmit/Store all documents using industry standard AES 256-bit Encryption
• Download Type: Enable documents to be downloaded automatically or on-demand (On-demand files can be controlled by the user while automatic documents cannot be deleted by users)
• Download Priority: Set the download priority level as high, normal or low for queuing purposes
AirWatch provides administrators with detailed visibility of content use at the device level. The system tracks current content status (unknown, installed, uninstalled), content priority (high, medium and low), deployment method (on demand or automatic), content version and size, when the document was downloaded, and when it was last viewed.
The following document types are supported by the AirWatch Secure Content Locker:
•iWork: Keynote (including Keynote09), Numbers (including Numbers09), Pages (including Pages09)
•MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
•Other: PDF, XML, HTML, CSV, Rich Text Format, Rich Text Format Dictionary, Text
•Pictures: PNG and JPEG
•Audio: MP3, AAC, and ALAC
•Video: QuickTime (MOV and MP4)
- iPod Touch