Who uses this app?
This app is for licensed users of Synergist, the trusted job costing and project management system that gives you control and visibility of your workflow. Used by hundreds of marketing / creative agencies and consultancies. Synergist is a complete solution from new business through estimating, planning , scheduling, time recording & purchasing to billing and reporting with links to all leading accounts systems. In addition email integration and a client portal ensure all project related communications and files are available to the relevant team members.
This iPhone/iPad app gives live access to the organisations client and project data, ensuring mobile users are fully informed and can make best use of their time whilst keeping projects moving smoothly.
NOTE: This app connects to your existing Synergist system and you will need to know its public internet address (see instructions below). If you do not have access to an existing Synergist system, please feel free to download the app and connect to our demo system (required login details are contained within the app) to see the functionality available.
Client & Contact Information
• Client list with customisable views
• Address with one click link to Map with directions
• Phone numbers
• Email address with one click email creation
• List of activities involving that contact
• Opportunities and jobs for that contact
• Customisable lists of activities
• Drill-down view of activity details
Opportunities & Jobs
• Customisable lists of jobs and activities
• Job list including thermometers showing job status
• Visibility of job quote, estimate and costs incurred
For Synergist users wishing to use the iPhone/iPad App:-
You will need:-
1. Your Synergist login username
2. Your Synergist login password
3. The public IP address or name which will allow the App to communicate with your Synergist server. Your Synergist system administrator will provide you with this information.
4. The port number to use for the App to communicate with your Synergist server. Your Synergist system administrator will provide you with this information.
5. Is SSL to be used or not for the communication with your Synergist server? Your Synergist system administrator will provide you with this information.
Setup information for Synergist system administrators:-
The Synergist iPhone/iPad App has the following requirements to function:-
1. A working Synergist System server. The Synergist version must be 10.5 or later.
2. A communication path to the Synergist server from an iPhone/iPad, via the Internet. If you have already made your Synergist server available on the Internet for the purposes of remote working for your web browser users, then no further configuration will be required.
To make your Synergist Web server available on the Internet, it is necessary to configure your office router/firewall to allow a specific “port” through. Here is an article which explains “port forwarding” http://www.howtogeek.com/66214/how-to-forward-ports-on-your-router Ideally your office router/firewall should be allocated a “fixed” public address as this will stop the address from changing. You may require the services of an IT resource to get these configurations done.
If you wish to use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to make the communications path more secure, then a SSL certificate will also be required for your Synergist server. Here is a link to our knowledgebase article about this http://kb.synergist.co.uk/article/AA-00443/0/
- iPod Touch