Since the 1960s an industry for the production of ammonia and nitrogen fertilizers have been existing in Kuwait. It has constantly adopted to the latest developments in technology and uses Kuwait's Natural gas as its feedstock. Kuwait, represented by Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC) has not only established a firm footing for itself in ammonia and urea marketing at home, but has also set about establishing external affiliates for the production of a wider range of chemical fertilizers. The location of such affiliates in various geographical regions makes it easier for PIC to supply its markets.
Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C (PIC) was incorporated by an Amiri decree on July 23, 1963. By virtue of that decree, the first chemical fertilizer complex both in Kuwait and the region, comprising of ammonia, urea, ammonium sulphate, and sulphuric acid production was completed in 1966 at the Shuaiba industrial area.
Later, the company's industrial capacity was expanded with the addition of a further three ammonia plants and two urea plants.
In 1980, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation was formed by an Amiri decree number 6 in that year, as the holding company for the Kuwaiti oil sector and all shares in PIC were transferred to it.
We have made the PIC iPhone for all our customers and investors and other users to get information handy on their Palm top which includes but not limited to :
- PIC Introduction, history, Vision, Code of Conduct.
- PIC Board of Directors and Top Management
- PIC – Corporate Sustainability Reporting Monthly Newsletters
- General Information About State of Kuwait
- PIC Accomplishments (ISO Certification, Health Safety and Environment, Enterprise Risk Management)
- PIC Activities
- PIC Monthly Magazines in English and Arabic
- PIC Annual Reports from 2005 until 2011 in English and Arabic
- PIC Media – Photo Gallery and Videos
- PIC News and Events
- Share PIC Application on Facebook, Twitter and Email
- Contact PIC with Location Map and other contact details
- PIC – Human Resource Self Service Mobile Application (This section is for PIC employees to know all about their, Appraisal, Salary, Leave, Attendance and other details related to Human Resource)
Keywords : Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C, PIC, PIC Kuwait, Kuwait, Petrochemical, Petrochemical Kuwait, Design Master, Oil & Gas, Ammonia, Urea, Fertilizer, Polypropylene, Granular urea.
- iPod Touch