The Barcode Inventory Assistant is a great tool for keeping an accurate asset inventory. Compared to traditional pencil and paper methods of updating inventory, the Barcode Inventory Assistant will cut your inventory time to a fraction and give you a much more accurate result. Best of all, it is completely paperless with no date entry follow up. Here's how it works:
You can either start a list from scratch or email yourself a spreadsheet in CSV format (comma separated value) to check against. Your CSV file should include a column for barcodes, item names, locations, and sub-locations. From your mail app, you can open this attachment with the Barcode Inventory Import tool. Once you specify which columns are the barcodes, names, locations and sub-locations, you can press the import button and begin the process of scanning and updating the locations of your inventory. Found items will receive a green checkmark, items updated will receive a blue U, and items yet to be found will have a red X. Once you have finished updating your inventory, you can email the updated CSV file right from the app. A report of unfound items and updated items is also generated and attached to the report email for your convenience.
- Compatible with any CSV file and barcode format
- Tap on any item to see the full details for the item
- Swipe to delete any item from your inventory
- Manual barcode entry for damaged barcodes
- Automatic flashlight for scanning barcodes in dark environments
- Rapid-fire scanning for multiple items in the same location
- Shake to focus barcode scanning
- Filter your inventory to show only the items in your current location or sub-location
- Simple and intuitive controls
- Create an inventory from scratch
- Send an email with updated CSV file and report of changes attachments
In order to take advantage of the barcode scanning feature, you will need to have an iPhone 3GS or greater, iPod 4 or greater and iPad 3 and up.
- iPod Touch