HELIOS iPad Document Hub allows access to intranet file server volumes to present and use server documents online and offline. Built-in file synchronization ensures that server files are automatically updated on mobile devices. Enterprise file server security is enforced for online and offline use. The solution is perfect for multi-user business environments of any scale.
HELIOS WebShare is the underlying server infrastructure to make defined file server data securely available to Document Hub users. Intranet users use native file server volumes to access the data, remote WebShare users can use a web browser for access, and Document Hub users have native app access.
Easy Remote File Access by mobile users requires only login authorization to access published server sharepoints. Access can be defined depending upon user name, group, and the server file system permissions. All app settings and defaults are specified on the server for all mobile users.
Hub for documents interacts with all apps, allowing it to open documents in other apps or to receive documents. The Document Hub also presents document pages and images, prints, or forwards by Mail.
File Synchronization allows automatic update of files and folders for all app users for later offline use. All file transfers are highly optimized (parallel, compressed, streamed, resumable).
High Security is provided by a two-tier server application. The WebShare Web Server handles the Internet communication on a separate server to ensure that the main file server is not exposed to the Internet. The server file system security is enforced according to the user credentials. Offline Document Hub file access requires a password which is verified against the server password stored securely in the iOS keychain. Customized server login scripts can restrict access to permitted iOS devices only. Detailed audit trail logs all user access.
• Work offline with server documents
• Browse, preview, transfer files from/to intranet server volumes
• Present documents, images, movies
• Open documents in other apps (Numbers, Keynote, Quickoffice, …)
• Receive documents from other apps
• Spotlight search of server content
• Print documents via AirPrint
• Forward documents via Mail app
• Server generated document previews
• Server specified files & folders
• Compressed & resumable transfers
• RSA 1024-bit encrypted login, HTTPS
• Authentication and file permissions enforced by server OS
• Password enforced for offline use
• No cloud, no VPN, no direct access
• WebShare File Server
• App source code available for developers
- iPod Touch