The Integrated Pest Information Platform for Extension and Education or “iPiPE” was created to promote the exchange of pest data among agricultural professionals. It is an information technology platform that provides tools and models for managing and analyzing data in order to generate products and commentary in support of agricultural decision making. The iPiPE brings together crop consultants, extension, industry, federal, and state partners by allowing the exchange of pest observations while protecting client privacy.
The app provides an easy and timely mechanism for recording observations and for uploading them to the web based platform.
The iPiPE is a collaborative venture among the North Carolina State University Center for IPM, the Pennsylvania State University, the American Seed Trade Association, the information technology company ZedX Inc. and other stakeholders.
An active iPiPE account is required to access this app. To obtain an account, please go to the iPiPE website at ipipe.zedxic.com . If you have questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An active iPiPE account is required to access this app.
- Ability to provide data at point or county resolution.
- Data may be submitted immediately or saved for later upload.
- Data forms customized for different programs and crops.
- Uploaded data are immediately incorporated into pest distribution maps available through the iPiPE website.
- Uploaded data are shared anonymously at county resolution, to preserve privacy of data submitters.
- iPod Touch