Important Notice: This application will only work in conjunction with the Vodafone Secure Device Manager solution available to Vodafone business customers.
Vodafone Content Locker is an enterprise grade Mobile Content management application for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices that allows IT administrators, who use VSDM, to securely manage document distribution and mobile access to corporate documents through a web-based console.
The Vodafone Content Locker application enables mobile users to access corporate resources on-the-go from their iOS devices. To gain access users must enrol their device in the VSDM console and the Content Locker application must be installed from iTunes.
Before a user can access corporate documents, they will be prompted for a Group ID, username, and password provided by a corporate IT administrator. The solution supports basic, LDAP and proxy authentication. The Secure Content Locker is managed through configurable system settings within the VSDM console. The ability to prevent documents from being opened in other applications can be enabled and, if the device is/has been compromised the VSDM platform prevents access to the Secure Content Locker application and performs a complete wipe of the content data on the device.
Corporate documents can be uploaded and organised in the VSDM console using custom document categories and metadata including author, description, notes, keywords etc. Content distribution and use is configurable at the document level. Capabilities supported include:
• Access control: enable users to view documents offline or only while online
• Transfer method: Define settings for document uploads/downloads to use cellular data/Wi-Fi only.
• Encryption: Transmit documents over industry standard 256-bit SSL encrypted connections
• Download type: Enable documents to be downloaded automatically or on-demand
• Download priority: Set the download priority level as high, normal, or low for queuing purposes
The solution provides administrators with detailed visibility of content use at device level. The system tracks current content status (unknown, installed, uninstalled), content priority (high, medium, low) deployment method (on-demand or automatic), content version and size, when the document was downloaded, and when it was last viewed.
The following document types are currently supported:
• iWork: Keynote, Numbers, and Pages
• MS Office: Excel. Powerpoint and Word
• Other: PDF, XML, CSV, RTF, Rich Text Format Dictionary, Txt, ePUB, and iBooks
• Pictures: PNG and JPEG
• Audio: MP3, AAC, and ALAC
• Video: QuickTime (MOV and MP4)
If you need assistance or are experiencing problems with the Vodafone Content Locker application or VSDM service please contact your local IT support team.
- iPod Touch