KioBrowser is a special browser for kiosk terminals, demos, boutiques, and conferences. This app turns your iPad into kiosk browser. It features full screen browsing with restricted access: you just specify the sites you want your clients to see, and the app will make the rest. It presents these sites on the Start Page, so the user won’t miss them. At the same time, it blocks attempts to visit other sites, so the user will be able to browse your content and nothing more.
With Guided Access introduced in iOS 6 you don’t need special cases for iPad that hide the Home button. To prevent users from exiting app just enable Guided Access in iPad Settings, launch KioBrowser, and turn it on by triple-clicking the Home button. But don’t forget to set a password to secure in-app settings, so that the user can’t change the list of allowed sites from within the app.
• The app turns your iPad into kiosk browser
• Restrict users to one or multiple websites
• No need to hide Home button, just enable Guided Access
• Full screen browsing, no distracting elements
• Minimalistic design
• All your websites are arranged in a gallery on the Start Page
• Special browsing gestures: swipe left or right with 3 fingers to go back of forward
• Full support for domain names written in any language
• In-app settings secured with password
• If you forget your password, it may be reset in iPad Settings
Details on Guided Access.
To switch Guided Access on, you have to go to General section in the iPad Settings app and tap Accessibility and Guided Access. After Guided Access is turned on, you need to triple-click the Home button to start it. Guided Access allows blocking both Home button and multitasking gestures, so the iPad is locked down to a single app.