It is a very competitive world and the quicker you can show how you add value to a business, a project or an employer, the more likely you are to gain jobs and work. Self-responsible people can demonstrate how their attitudes and behaviour save their employers cost and time. At an organisational, regional or national level, self-responsibility adds to business performance and reduces hassle and cost. A self-responsible workforce could have investors beating a path to your door.
Six ways in which The Art of Self-Responsibility app will benefit you:-
1. Use it, again and again, as your personal assessment and auditing tool or as a team/organisational auditing tool. The six areas of self-responsibility take you through some of the key ways you can show how you add value. Use it to keep yourself motivated.
2. As a team or as an individual, be prepared for that job opportunity - the bar chart summarises your strengths and the Evidence Store allows you to keep track of value added evidence you could use in your CV, at job/promotion interviews or when submitting a work tender.
3. At an organisational level, use the app across teams and divisions to assess the level of self-responsible behaviour in the organisation and to analyse where there are links in your organisation between self-responsible behaviour and quality, performance, and cost savings (e.g. where those who have developed themselves have made savings by eliminating wasted effort, by delivering higher productivity, or by initiating improvements).
4. If you are a coach, a trainer, a manager or a team leader, use it to motivate or develop others - the bar chart can be used as a quick reference of your team's level of self-responsibility and the case studies you will find in 'The Coach House' provide coaching questions for you to use. The Evidence Store invites you to plan for development - revisit and update it whenever you like as part of your team's development.
5. Once you have done the audit, use the results in discussion to develop advanced feedback skills (a team critical skill).
6. At a cross-organisational level, the app can be used to compare the impact of self-responsible behaviour.