The South African Local Government Association (SALGA) is an association of 278 municipalities divided into local, district and metropolitan. As the representative voice of municipalities SALGA also interfaces with Parliament, the National Council of Provinces, Cabinet as well Provincial Legislatures.
The National Members Assembly is expected to be attended by politicians, municipal managers and chief financial officers from 278 municipalities. Other attendees include:
- President of the Republic;
- Cabinet Ministers;
- Premier of Host Province (Guest Speaker);
- National Departments;
- MECs responsible for local government;
- Speakers of Parliament and Provincial Legislatures;
- Chairperson of the NCOP;
- Chairpersons of Select and Portfolio Committees;
- National House of Traditional Leadership;
- Local Government Associations in Region;
- Professional Bodies (IMFO, AMEU, etc)
- Sponsors and Donors; and
- CEOs of key State Enterprises.
The SALGA Anti-Corruption Summit and National Members Assembly APP is an interactive mobile application that offers a superior experience by mobilizing the conference information and facilitating a mobile social community interaction for the conference participants. Mobile app provides attendees with a detailed schedule of events, speaker bios, a venue map, participant lists, surveys and messaging capabilities that allow attendees to network before, during, and after the event.
The Summit is exclusively provided for all the participants by VODACOM (Pty) Ltd.
- iPod Touch