VWR SearchPad is a tablet-based search interface for researchers and scientists
Typically a company’s infrastructure consists of many Point-of-Use (PoU) stockrooms. Researchers and scientists pick articles for daily use.
Using the new tool researchers can check alternative article locations when an article is out-of-stock at the current place. The search tool will allow quick searches and results will be listed by proximity (walking distance).
Researchers can then decide to either walk and pick the article or request a VWR onsite to fetch and deliver it.
The new search tool SearchPad is based on VSR+ technology and is available on Apple iPad tablet computers.
Operating VWR's stockroom management system VSR+ provides multiple benefits:
* VSR+ is an easy to use Stockroom Manager, providing full management and transparency on every aspect of your stockroom products
* VSR+ is a web-based warehouse and inventory management system that supports VWR products as well as third-party products from any vendor.
* VSR+ addresses daily situations such as low visibility of inventory, over or out-of-stock problems for critical products, time intensive ordering and replenishment of stock.
* VSR+ is easy to deploy, maintain and can integrate with your current system using in-built configurators .
* VSR+ features an activity-based notification and messaging system informing users, managers and administrators about pending tasks such as orders, picking requests, shipments and other updates
* Please note that in order to operate the VWR SearchPad application a VSR+ stockroom management setup will have to be configured. VWR can make an assessment of your needs and offer the appropriate product, training and support requirements. Please contact your local VWR office for an evaluation.