How to get the best out of iPlayAR
1. Once the iPlayAR app is open and you are connected to a wifi signal or minimum of 3G network telecommunication service hold (scan) your smart device ONLY over a target image or surface (usually seen in print form) that has been promoted to be used with the iPlayAR app examples of which can be found by clicking the help button "?" at the top right of your screen.
2. Touch an interactive button that will appear on your screen to activate or interact with augmented reality “AR” content e.g.
a) touch a button branded with the Facebook logo to connect to a promoted Facebook page
b) touch an email button (branded as such) to open up your email application and connect to a promoted email address
c) touch a phone button (branded as such) to connect to a promoted telephone line
N.B. ONLY smart devices supported by a minimum of 3G networks services with mobile data turned ON will connect to promoted telephone lines.
Web based environment
1. Use the back and forward arrows (second and fourth icons) in the navigation bar (bottom of your screen) to go backwards and forwards within the web pages
2. Use the ‘Stop’ button (third icon) in the navigation bar to stop the loading of a URL based page e.g. a page that is taking too long to load
3. Use the ‘X’ button (last on the right) of the navigation bar to close a web based environment and return to the AR application viewer
Tips - if no augmented reality content can be found
1. Make sure you hold (scan) your smart device ONLY over an image or surface that has been promoted to be scanned using the iPlayAR app
2. Make sure you are connected to a wifi signal or minimum of 3G network telecommunication service
2. When scanning hold your device steady under good light conditions over the target image or surface
3. Ensure the image or surface you are scanning is not obscured or partially obscured e.g. by a shadow, your fingers, by another object
Should you have any other function issues please refer to the help button "?" at the top right of your screen. This will take you to a web page at www.iplayar.com
We hope you enjoy the iPlayAR augmented reality experiences we have collaborated with our customers to create for you.
- iPod Touch