This Application is aimed at Mariners wishing to send hydrographic data to the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO) via a mobile device.
The ADMIRALTY H-Note App presents a new way to send hydrographic data. This application takes advantage of your built-in camera and GPS to help gather important navigational information and email it to us using your smart phone or tablet's email software.
Mariners are asked to report information affecting ADMIRALTY Charts and Publications, issues with ENCs and any other any other suspected dangers to navigation direct to the UKHO using the H-Note App which:
- provides a simple form to enter details,
- can automatically include your current location coordinates (via the GPS in your device),
- captures images from your built-in camera,
- loads previously taken photos stored on your device,
- submits the H-Note direct to the UKHO using your device’s email programme,
- keeps a record of all your H-Notes.
When you submit an H-Note, you will receive an acknowledgement and the information will be used by UKHO to take immediate action or to consider including your information in the next appropriate revision of a chart or publication.
Note: The UKHO reserve the right to reproduce of any materials supplied to improve their products and services.
Please visit the UKHO website for more information on H-Notes and Maritime Safety;
- iPod Touch