The Rail Driver Machine Interface (DMI) application illustrates, for educational purposes, how tactile interactivity concepts are brought into the control stand of the train cab with a realistic Driver Machine Interface compliant with the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) standard.
The Avionics MFD application has been automatically generated from SCADE Suite® and SCADE Display®.
The DMI features the following functions:
- an alphanumeric keypad to enter the Driver Id,
- an numeric keypad to enter the Train Number,
- a tactile speed counter to set the target train speed and monitor the current train speed (in km/h)
- a set of indicators to feedback: the remaining distance to target, the current train speed, the brake command activation
The initial train distance to target is set to 4000 meters.
- enter Driver Id with the interactive keypad
- enter Train Number with the interactive keypad
- tap on the speed counter to set the target speed: the train will automatically start until reaching the target speed, then will automatically brake in order to smoothly reach the target distance (fixed to 4000 meters in this application). In absence of interaction, the train automatically starts after a few seconds in order to reach the distance to target.
- iPod Touch